MO 256 H 45, 184 kW (250 HP) 6 Cylinder.
4-stroke, turbocharged, intercooled direct-injection, fresh water cooling
Output (crankshaft) kW [HP]* 184 (250)
Rpm at full load 4500
Cylinders 6 in line
Displacement [cm3] 3200 (195 cid)
Bore [mm] 85 (3.35’)
Stroke [mm] 94 (3.7’)
Compression ratio 17 : 1
Max. torque [Nm] 500
at speed [rpm] 2800
Injection system 2 stage unit injectors
Standard alternator [A] 90
Electronic engine diagnostic yes
Weight [kg] 322 (708.4 lbs)
Weight per unit of power [kg/HP] 1.29 (2.84 lbs/HP) *
MerCruiser Bravo I, II, III
Propeller DuoProp (SST optional)
Gear ratio 1.65/1.81/2.0/2.2/2.43
Dry weight [kg] 113 (226 lbs)
The STEYR Marine Engine is designed for high performance. The innovative fuel injection technology enables an excellent torque and speed range. Therefore adaptation to existing marine propulsion systems can be performed easily. Remarkable features of the STEYR Marine Engines are the dynamic behaviour and immediate response.
The STEYR Marine Engines are manufactured using high alloy materials to provide enduring longevity for all running components. Using corrosion resistant materials for the entire seawater system as a standard in the dual circuit cooling system. Consequently designed solutions to meet the criteria of marine environment guarantee the best corrosion protection for any auxiliaries and electronic components in marine ambience.
The patented 2-stage UNIT INJECTOR fuel injection technology provides for a worldwide approved and smooth operation noise (patented). Noise emission levels are over the most important operating range below the running noise of gasoline engines. The additional elastic separation of the Monoblock against the aluminum casted engine housing reduces the engine related vibration transmitted into the hull therefore the noise level on board is further reduced. Torque and speed range characteristic enable optimal matching to individual application while maintaining transmission, gear ratio and propeller dimensions. The big choice of matched accessories fulfills the highest level of quality and comfort for you on board of your vessel.
The trend-setting UNIT INJECTOR system enables us already today to conform with the valid emission regulations BSO II and SAV 2, respectively we can fulfill the announced EPA – Tier 2 etc.
STEYR Marine Engines allow the installation with different driving system in your boat. Adaptation for Marine transmissions with different output configuration (direct, horizontal down-angle 8°, V-drive 12°), to choose for propeller shaft.
Our unique and robust monoblock design, engine block and cylinder head made from high grade alloy cast iron, without limitation in cooling and unrivaled roundness of the cylinder gives exceptional life time for the liner.
• Chrome-Molybdenum forged crankshaft, dynamically balanced
• Pistons are cast from high silicon aluminum, with oil cooling channel in 3-ring technology
• Hardened valve-seats high performance NIMONIC valve material
• Elastic coupling on flywheel, design matched depending on application
Adjustable front and rear silent blocks capable to take propeller thrust.
• Exchangeable oil filter cartridge
• Oil scavenger pipe through dipstick
• Closed crankcase breathing system
• Integrated high pressure UNIT INJECTOR with dual stage fuel-injection technology, operated by overhead camshaft and rocker arms.
• Electric fuel pump (automatic bleeding capability)
• Exchangeable fuel filter cartridge
Freshwater cooled exhaust manifold and seawater cooled exhaust elbow
• Freshwater cooling system with thermostat control
• Heat exchanger with integrated expansion tank system
• Connection prepared for boiler/cabin heating system
• Sea water pump with impeller, integrated and replaceable wear plates